Sunday, February 13, 2011

wrapping paper rolls.

Photobucket



Watch


Read

So, today was just like any other day. David and I were on our way to celebrate his mom's birthday and we were about to leave to drive to a fancy restaurant.

Like usual, I walk out of the door and go down the stairs, expecting to hear David behind me. But he wasn't. He was still inside. I walk down the sidewalk and he opens the front door.

"I need the keys," he says. He needed my keys to lock the front door.
"So, go get your keys," I replied.
"Give me yours."
"No, I'm all the way down here and you are all the way up there."

I have terrible aim, even if I threw the keys up there they would miss and I would have to go and fetch them from who knows where.

"Shaylee, just give me the keys," David persisted.
I started to get a little aggravated. Why does he need my keys when he can just walk inside and get his keys to lock the door? He's closer to his keys than he is to mine!

"Shaylee, we have to go! Give the keys!"
"But I can't-I can't throw!"
"Yes you can!"
"It won't make it! I'm really bad!"

In a desperate attempt mixed with annoyance, I flung the keys up in the air. Right before my eyes they passed David veering to the right, to the right, to the right... to the roof.

We heard clinking several times, and then I slowly looked over at David and gulped.
Crap.
He looked at me back, went inside, grabbed his keys, locked the door, and we walked to his car together.
We didn't have time to fix the solution at this point.

************

After telling his family the story (and his grandma an extra 5 because she kept forgetting and each time we told her she thought it was the funniest thing), David called our condo maintenance people and they told us it would cost $25 to get it down. The keys were like a foot from the edge and we knew we could get them off if we just had a latter or long pole. But we didn't have either.

When we got home, David grabbed his old Magic signed basketball and tried bouncing it on the keys. He had good aim and kept hitting the keys but they were just laying there. It didn't seem to work. So I went inside and starting looking through everything, trying to find something long enough that could stretch to get them down.

Then I thought of it.
I immediately went to the closet, took all the wrapping paper off the rolls, and taped three together. I walked outside and handed it to David. He seemed impressed, I liked that.

Within a few seconds, my keys came clunking off the roof onto the ground!
Team work for the Meurers!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This story is proof that marriage is arguing and conquering all in one day :)
Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. I love your story!! Great team work and that will teach him to ever ask you to throw your keys again..... :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. good description. I saw everything happen in my mind as you explained it. haha.
    -jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahahaha! that so cracks me up! happy valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say..... Love you both, MOM

    ReplyDelete